Julius-K9 was the first company in Europe to manufacture dog harnesses, protective equipment and other accessories for dog owners under the K9 brand name. The technical experts of the company have mainly developed their reputation for creating the dog harnesses, using original technical solutions for these products not used before. In 2003 the manufacturing company justly awarded the term “Power” to its dog harnesses, after all the second largest Austrian police training centre and fire service used them with excellent results during their actual roles as emergency services.
- Julius K-9 manufacturing probably the best dog handling and training equipment in the world.
- most of the parts were made in Germany!
- The quality is unrivalled, our prices unbeatable.
- Used by most of the european police, armed services, prisons, customs and commercial security.
- We have a life time of association with working trials, agility and obedience. Our products are based upon the practical demands of a working dog team.
- We can guarantee that our products are unequalled in quality and finish, and unbeatable on cost.
- Easy handling
- Very popular in Germany and Europe.
JULIUS (Gyula) Sebő,
entrepreneur, inventor – creator of the Julius-K9 brand, writer, musician
- the inventor of harnesses with Velcro labels was born in Hungary (1970).
- Originally, he graduated from a polytechnic of architecture in Budapest
- 1990-1994 – member of the trainers’ group of Budapest Rottweiler Club
- 1994-1996 – member of the trainers’ group of Vienna German Shepherd Association
- 1996-2000 – harness maker studies at Neizer harness maker workshop
- the Julius-K9 company was founded as Julius Export 2000 Bt, a family enterprise in 1997
- The first demands came from police units with service dogs. The first products (muzzles, leashes etc.) were supplied to Austrian and Hungarian companies and authorities.
- The company cooperates with 9 subcontractors.
The main market is Austria. In addition to HILAN, A.W. Barth Friedrich Heindl companies, more and more retailers join the group of Julius-K9 retail partners. The main users of K9 products are primarily police units with service dogs, military units and dog-owners’ associations.
- Julius-K9’s harnesses are presented to the international public under the name of K9-Power (World Expo VDH/Dortmund)
- Julius-K9 Bt., operating near Budapest, supplies almost all European countries with its products. The entire development, manufacturing and logistics process is managed through a family enterprise in Hungary, with the cooperation of several employees and subcontractors. Retail dealer specialists receive the K9 products through wholesalers.
- Julius-K9 is a regular participant of various fairs and expos (Berlin, Munich, Erfurt, Dortmund, Friedrichshafen, Udine, Budapest) the first international brand dealerships are founded
- the first international brand dealerships are founded
- Julius-K9 participates in charity activities, sponsors the establishment of an orphanage for the Hungarian subsidiary of the Baptist Charity Service, supports dog events and foundations worldwide, acts as main sponsor of VDH and concludes sponsorhip contracts with special rescue units (Rescue 24, K9 Suchhundezentrum)
- The company’s name is changed in 2008: Julius-K9 Bt.
- the number of international brand dealerships grows at a rate never seen before
- Julius-K9 products are regularly presented in the media
- Julius-K9 dog harnesses win the first place in a test conducted by independent, professional dog trainers assigned by VDR Television.
- In order to reduce the distribution of copies, the upgrades are submitted to the patent offices as usage and design samples.
- Julius-K9 develops its new product line, the IDC product line and submits 20 inventions to the Hungarian Patent Office within a year
- The use of German materials in Julius-K9 products increases to 70%
- IDC harnesses are first presented at the Dortmund Dog Expo
- Julius-K9 becomes a direct supplier of the Austrian Mega Zoo chain
- he company becomes a direct supplier of the a German and Austrian Futterhaus stores
- Julius-K9 entrusts TRIXIE, a pet equipment manufacturer and distributor, to sell the old K9-Powerharnesses developed in 1997.
- MBrand dealerships operate in 21 countries
- The group of companies manufacturing the Julius-K9 products become one of Europe’s largest dog equipment manufacturers